Score: Roanoke 3, Bridgewater 2 (2ot)
Records: Roanoke 8-6 / 1-3 ODAC |Bridgewater 3-10 / 1-2 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Lauren Heffron's goal in double overtime lifted Roanoke to a 3-2 win over Bridgewater.
How it Happened:
- Bridgewater got on the board 5:41 into the game when Meghan Obaugh took a pass on a penalty corner, ripped a shot off the post that Haley Runyon was able to collect and score to make it 1-0.
- The Eagles doubled their lead at the 27:36 mark after Karinne Moyer broke in on RC keeper Emma Clark who stopped Moyer's initial shot but Moyer was able to grab the rebound and score to make it 2-0.
- RC cracked the scoreboard just 1:24 into the second-half when Heffron took a pass from Alexis Lester on a penalty corner. Heffron then slid the ball to Emilee Wooten who one-timed a shot into the bottom right corner of the cage to make it 2-1.
- The Maroons got the equalizer with 3:52 left in the game when Lester was able to collect a loose ball in a crowd of players and push the ball into the back of the cage to tie the game.
- Roanoke was awarded a penalty shot with 2:27 left on the clock but Heffron's attempt was turned away by Emily Witzke to keep the game tied.
- RC applied the offensive pressure throughout the first overtime period, out shooting BC Eagles 8-1 but could not score as Witzke made a pair of saves.
- At the 7:26 mark of the second-overtime, Wooten slid a pass to Heffron who was able to beat Witzke for the game-winner.
- Roanoke outshot Bridgewater 24-10 and held a 19-3 edge in penalty corners
- Clark finished with four saves for RC, while Witzke had four stops for BC.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it hosts Shenandoah at 2:00 p.m.
Watch: Lauren Heffron score the game winner versus the Eagles...