Score: Lynchburg 2 | Roanoke 0
Record: Roanoke: 7-5 / 0-2 ODAC | Lynchburg 9-3 / 2-0 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Lynchburg scored a 2-0 ODAC Field Hockey win over Roanoke Wednesday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Lynchburg got on the board just 2:28 into the game when Jackie Lero slid a pass to Emily Dudley who was able to tuck a shot just inside the left post to give the Hornets a 1-0 lead.
- The Maroons would pressure the Hornet defense through the entire first-half, getting off five shots including a Lauren Heffron redirect shot following a penalty corner but her shot just missed going into the cage.
- The score stayed 1-0 until there was 1:46 left in the third quarter when Dudley would take a tip pass from Maggie Chiappazzi and was able to score to make it a 2-0 game.
- Roanoke's best chance to score in the second-half came with just under eight minutes to go in the game when Emilee Wooten was able to pop a shot over the Hornet defense following a penalty corner but it narrowly missed going into the top of the cage.
- Lynchburg would outshoot RC 12-7 for the game, including 7-2 in the second-half of play.
- Emma Clark made six saves for the Maroons, including four in the second-half.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it travels to Randolph-Macon for a 6:00 p.m. match.