Score: Roanoke 8 | Southern Virginia 0
Records: Maroons 7-3 | Knights 0-9
Location: Buena Vista, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke field hockey team took the field against non-ODAC competition for the final time this fall when they traveled to Southern Virginia and came home with an 8-0 shutout of the Knights.
How it happened:
- The Maroons wasted little time in establishing their dominance by blasting 17, first quarter shots. Emilee Wooten and Alexis Lester got Roanoke off to a quick start. Wooten had two goals and Lester a pair of helpers in the first 15 minutes of play. When Lester found Lauren Heffron with less than 30 ticks left, the Maroons enjoyed a 3-0 advantage.
- The second quarter was equally as lopsided, RC out shooting the Knights 11-0. Katie Martin would add to the lead with a goal and then an assist on Wooten's third tally.
- Caroline Diehl scored three minutes later with Lester rounding out the first half barrage as the Maroons took a 7-0 edge into the half.
- Roanoke took their foot off the gas in the second half after Taylor von Schilling made it 8-0 midway through the third period.
- Southern Virginia never got a shot on goal as Emma Clark and Hannah Roerden split time in the cage.
Up next: Roanoke will take their 7-3 record on the road when they face perineal ODAC power Washington and Lee on Saturday morning.