Score: Roanoke 3 | Mary Washington 4
Records: Maroons 6-3| Eagles 4-6
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: The last day of September would see Roanoke try to wrap up the month on a four game win streak. However, a fourth quarter rally by Mary Washington would stop the Maroons win streak at three.
How it happened:
- The Eagles out-shot Roanoke, 3-2, in a scoreless first quarter.
- Mary Washington would get on the board first. The Maroons responded less than a minute later when Lauren Heffron tied the game going into the half.
- Roanoke enjoyed their first lead of the afternoon when Madison Filson broke the tie.
- Five minutes later the game was once again tied before Hannah Bunten would score with just 2:45 left in the period.
- Roanoke was unable to hold the lead for long as the Eagles would tie it up late in the quarter to set up a winner take all fourth frame.
- Mary Washington re-took the lead with eight minutes remaining. The Maroons would get a pair of late penalty corners but their final good scoring chance would go wide.
Up next: Roanoke will travel to Buena Vista on Wednesday to face Southern Virginia in their final non-conference match of the season.