Score: Roanoke 0 | St. Mary's (Md.) 2
Records: Maroons 2-1 | Seahawks 5-0
Location: St. Mary's City, Md.
The Lead: The Roanoke College field hockey team took their 2-0 start to Maryland to face St. Mary's. The Seahawks used a five to one shot advantage to record the 2-0 win over the Maroons.
How it Happened:
- One combined shot in the first quarter saw the game scoreless after the first 15 minutes of play.
- Roanoke did not allow a goal on any of the Seahawk's six second period shots as the game remained scoreless at the break.
- Goalkeepers Emma Clark and Kelbey Egerland continued to record saves as the two teams entered the final frame in a 0-0 tie.
- 1:12 into the fourth quarter, Kelly Emge scored the first of two goals in a minute and a half stretch to break the deadlock and secure the win for St. Mary's.
- Alexis Lester and Paris Sangiuliano led the Maroons in shots on goal while Clark would register eight saves.
Up next: Roanoke will travel to Belmont Abbey on Wednesday before returning to Kerr Stadium for four consecutive home games.