Score: Roanoke 3 | Wesley 1
Records: Maroons 2-0 | Wolverines 1-1
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Two goals by Roanoke College in a seven minute span allowed the Maroons to come away with the 3-1 win.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke got on the board just three minutes into play when Martha Hurley took a pass from Emilee Wooten and delivered the ball to the back of the cage.
- The Maroons would carry the advantage into the second half, out-shooting the Wolverines 11-7 in the first 30 minutes.
- Wesley pulled even at when Kaila Hindt scored the equalizer with three minutes left in the third quarter.
- Hannah Bunten broke the tie just 53 seconds into the fourth quarter and Wooten put it away with a score less than seven minutes later.
- In goal, Emma Clark was solid, making 11 stops, three, 1 on 1, from point blank range. Wooten, Lauren Heffron, and Claire Eisenhart added assists.
Up next: Roanoke will travel for the first time this season when they go to Maryland to face St. Mary's on Saturday afternoon.