Score: Roanoke 9 | Lancaster Bible 1
Records: Roanoke 1-0 | Lancaster Bible 0-1
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke used a 30-2 shot advantage to control the play most of the afternoon and defeated the Chargers 9-1.
How it Happened:
- Emilee Wooten scored an unassisted goal just two minutes into play. The junior would add a pair of helpers on the Maroons next two goals to help stake the home team to a quick 3-0 advantage.
- 13 first period shots would find Roanoke up 5-0 after 15 minutes of play. Claire Eisenhart assisted on a Katie Martin goal then added a goal of her own to finish up the opening frame..
- The Maroons would add two more goals in a second frame that saw the Chargers get on the board.
- Wooten scored her second goal of the game with transfer Paris Sangiuliano scoring on her first shot in a Roanoke uniform to close out the scoring.
- A trio of Maroon goalkeepers split time as Emma Clark got the start before being relieved by Hannah Roerden with Campbell Whyte taking over for the second half.
Up next: The Maroons will be back at home on September 8th for a matchup with Wesley that is scheduled to start at noon in Kerr Stadium.