Score: No. 4 Roanoke 1 | No. 5 Randolph-Macon 0
Records: Roanoke 12-3 | Randolph-Macon 8-9
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke defeats Randolph-Macon 1-0 at home on Tuesday afternoon and advances to the ODAC semifinals.
How it Happened:
- Lauren Heffron scored the game-winner at 21:22, off a pass from Emilee Wooten to give Roanoke the lead 1-0.
- Heffron took a penalty stroke in the final two minutes of the first half but missed just wide to take the 1-0 lead into the intermission
- Randolph-Macon turned up the offensive pressure in the final minutes but Emma Clark made three key stops in the final six minutes.
- Kaylin Stenson broke up a Randolph-Macon corner in the final two minutes of action to get Roanoke the ball and secure the win.
- The Maroons held an 11-10 edge in shots and a 7-5 advantage in penalty corners.
- Emma Clark made five saves in goal for the Maroons while Gatlin Snyder made two for the Yellow Jackets.
Up Next: Field Hockey faces No. 1 Lynchburg, Friday, Nov. 2 at 5 p.m. on the campus of Lynchburg in the ODAC Semifinals.