Score: Roanoke 6 | Eastern Mennonite 1
Records: Roanoke 11-3, 5-3 ODAC | Eastern Mennonite 8-11, 1-7 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke scored a 6-1 win over Eastern Mennonite in the regular-season finale Saturday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Martha Hurley scored back-to-back goals to break open the scoring with goals at the 4-minute mark and the 11-minute mark to give the Maroons an early 2-0 lead.
- Abigail Werner scored her first collegiate goal at 33:41 as Roanoke took the three-goal advantage into the intermission.
- Roanoke tacked on two more goals in the second half less than a minute apart, with Katie Martin scoring with 15:38 left and Lauren Heffron finding the back of the cage with 14:20 left, assisted from Werner, to stretch the lead to 5-0.
- In the final 7:35, Emilee Wooten scored a goal of her own to make it 6-0.
- Eastern Mennonite got on the board with 5:35 left on the clock with a goal from Kayla Maret.
- Emma Clark made four saves in the first 55 minutes of action before giving way to Heather Schauder shoe made one save.
- For EMU, Kelsey Troyer made 14 saves on the day as Roanoke held a 29-9 edge in shots.
Up Next: Field Hockeys waits for official seeding for the ODAC Tournament, the Quarterfinals are slated to start on Tuesday, Oct. 30.