Score: Roanoke 4 | Hendrix 2
Records: Roanoke 9-3 | Hendrix 3-10
Location: Conway, Ark.
The Lead: Roanoke scored two goals in each half to take a 4-2 win over Hendrix on the road Thursday evening.
How it Happened:
- Trailing 1-0 in the first half, Emilee Wooten scored to even the game at 20:48.
- Wooten gave Roanoke the lead just 13 minutes later with an unassisted goal as the Maroons took the 2-1 edge into the intermission.
- Lauren Heffron scored what proved to be the game-winner just 53 seconds into the second half to make it 3-1.
- Hendrix responded with a goal from Allison Watanabe two minutes later to close the gap to one.
- A goal by Fiona Dougan in the 65th minute, assisted from Martha Hurley, rounded out the scoring, securing the win for Roanoke.
- The Maroons held a 9-6 advantage in shots and took seven corners while the Warriors took five.
- Emma Clark made two saves in the complete game performance for RC.
Up Next: Field Hockey plays its final away game of the regular season at Bridgewater on Thursday, Oct. 25 at 6 p.m.