Roanoke defeated Transylvania 4-1 before finishing its contest with Sewanee where the Maroons held a 2-0 win. The game against Sewanee was suspended due to fog on Oct.15 with 20 minutes left in regulation.
Score: Roanoke 4 | Transylvania 1
Records: Roanoke 7-3 | Transylvania 1-11
Location: Sewanee | Sewanee, Tenn.
The Lead: Roanoke scored a pair of goals in each half to take a 4-1 decision over Transylvania.
How it Happened:
- Martha Hurley scored just 57 seconds into the game to give the Maroons an early 1-0 edge.
- Less than six minutes later, a strike from Lauren Heffron, off a pass from Fiona Dougan, doubled the RC lead.
- Allyson Benz made seven saves for the Pioneers in the final 29 minutes of the first half to keep the score 2-0 RC at the intermission.
- Transylvania brought it within one following a goal, off a corner, from Audrey Denham at the 53-minute mark.
- The Maroons responded with a goal from Megan Diehl with 11 minutes left and another goal from Hurley less than four minutes later.
- Roanoke held a 27-3 edge in shots and took 13 of the 14 corners on the day.
Score: Roanoke 2 | Sewanee 0
Records: Roanoke 8-3 | Sewanee 8-4
Location: Sewanee, Tenn.
The Lead: With Roanoke leading 2-0 after 50 minutes on Oct. 15, the game was suspended due to fog. After resuming play to finish the last 20 minutes of regulation, Roanoke earned the 2-0 win.
How it Happened:
- Emilee Wooten scored what proved to be the game-winner 24 minutes into the contest.
- Coming out of halftime, Kaylin Stenson scored at 35:51 to double the Maroons lead.
- After two fog delays, the game was finally suspended until Tuesday, Oct. 16. Roanoke would start with the ball with 20:19 on the clock and a 2-0 lead.
- Goalie Emma Clark made four saves in the resumption of play to keep the Tigers off the board and secure the win.
- RC owned a 13-8 edge in shots and took seven corners while Sewanee registered five.
Up Next: Field Hockey travels to Hendrix for a 7 p.m. game on Thursday, Oct. 18 in Conway, Arkansas.