Score: Shenandoah 1 | Roanoke 0
Records: Roanoke 6-3, 3-3 ODAC | Shenandoah 10-4, 3-2 ODAC
Location: Winchester, Va.
The Lead: A second-half goal lifted the Hornets to a 1-0 victory over Roanoke Saturday evening.
How it Happened:
- Shenandoah scored the game-winner at the 51-minute mark off a shot from Morgan Payne.
- Lauren Heffron took two shots over the next three minutes but the Hornets made a save and blocked a shot to maintain to the 1-0 lead.
- Kestrel Thorne-Kaunelis recorded back-to-back shots in the first three minutes of competition but the Hornet defense blocked the two shots to keep it 0-0.
- Shenandoah held a 13-7 edge in shots and a 12-5 advantage on penalty corners.
- Emma Clark mad five saves for the Maroons while Isabella Morande made one for Shenandoah.
Up Next: Field Hockey heads to Sewanee on Monday, Oct 15 for a 6 p.m. game.