Score: Roanoke 7 | Ferrum 1
Records: Roanoke 5-1, 2-1 ODAC | Ferrum 2-7, 0-2 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Six Maroons scored in Roanoke's 7-1 ODAC win over Ferrum Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- Lauren Heffron broke open the scoring with a goal just 53 seconds into the contest.
- Katie Martin tallied back-to-back goals at the 8-minute and 11-minute marks to extend the lead to 3-0.
- At 19:30, Claire Eisenhart scored off a shot into the left side of the cage. Claudia Roncone followed suit with a goal of her own into the left side at 22:13.
- Emilee Wooten rounded out the first half scoring with a shot from the right side to take a 6-0 advantage into the intermission.
- Ferrum got on the board at 50:57 as Dominique Harper put a shot into the right side of the cage to make it 6-1.
- Martha Hurley capped the night with a goal with 12 minutes remaining to extend the lead to 7-1.
- Heather Schauder made four saves in 45 minutes in action in goal for the Maroons.
- Roanoke held a 7-4 edge in corners and a 27-6 advantage in penalty corners on the night.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Virginia Wesleyan on Saturday, Oct. 6 for a 12 p.m. match up with the Marlins.