Posted: Sep 29, 2018
Score: Roanoke 2 | Randolph-Macon 1 (2 OT)
Records: Roanoke 4-1, 1-1 ODAC | Randolph-Macon 3-3, 0-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
How it Happened:
- Wooten put the ball in the cage from the left side, off a cross from Stenson, to lift Roanoke to the 2-1 double-overtime victory.
- After a scoreless first half, Megan Diehl broke open the scoring with a goal, assisted from Wooten, to take a 1-0 lead just under two minutes into the second half.
- Randolph-Macon scored the equalizer ten minutes later off an unassisted goal from Madison McCoy to make it 1-1 with 24 minutes left in regulation.
- R-MC goalie Gatlin Snyder made three saves in the first overtime period to keep the Maroons off the board and force the second overtime.
- Emma Clark made one save on the day as the Roanoke defense only allowed two shots. Snyder made 12 stops for the Yellow-Jackets.
- Prior to the start of today's game, the senior class of Heather Schauder, Kelsey Martin, Fiona Dougan, Kestrel Thorne-Kaunelis, Paige Warner, Megan Diehl, Kaylin Stenson, Stacey Staley and Abigail Werner were recognized for their careers as Maroons. As a class, they have been apart of 40 wins, and were a part of last year's 14 win season which is second most in program history.
Up Next: Field Hockey hosts Ferrum on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 5:30 p.m