Score: Roanoke 4, Frostburg State 2
Records: Roanoke 3-0| Frostburg State 0-6
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke scored a 4-2 victory over Frostburg State Saturday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke scored just 4:02 into the game when Emilee Wooten collected her own rebound of a shot and scored to make it 1-0 Maroons.
- FSU evened the game when Sam Coffey was able to break free from a scrum in front of the cage and put the ball behind the RC defenders and score.
- RC responded less than three minutes later on a Martha Hurley goal to that put the Maroons up 2-1 with five minutes to play in the half.
- The Maroons added to their lead just under five minutes into the second stanza when Lauren Heffron converted a penalty stroke to make it 3-1.
- Roanoke extended its lead to 4-1 at the 26:33 mark when Claire Eisenhart set up Kestrel Thorne-Kaunelis for a goal off of a penalty corner.
- RC held an 18-7 advantage in shots and 8-5 in penalty corners.
- Emma Clark made four saves for RC, while Frostburg's Sierra Smizer made 11 stops in the cage.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Wednesday when it takes on ODAC rival Lynchburg at the Liberty University Field Hockey Complex. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.