Score: Roanoke 9 | Lancaster Bible 0
Records: Roanoke 1-0 | Lancaster Bible 0-1
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke shut out Lancaster Bible 9-0 in its season-opener Friday afternoon in Salem, Va.
How it Happened:
- The Maroons got on the board just over one minute into the game as Paige Warner found the back of the cage off a pass from Claudia Roncone to take a 1-0 lead.
Kestrel Thorne-Kaunelis doubled the lead off a penalty corner at the 8:31 mark.
- Fiona Dougan and Lauren Roth scored back-to-back goals at the 14 and 15-minute marks to close out the first half with a 4-0 advantage.
- Three minutes into the second half, Roth added to the advantage off a pass from Roncone.
- Roanoke tallied three unassisted goals starting at the 61-minute mark sparked by Warner before Alexis Lester capped the scoring with a goal, assisted from Kaylin Stenson.
- In the inaugural season, Annelise Culbert led the Chargers in goal with eight saves on the day.
- Roanoke held a 34-2 advantage in shots and a 9-1 edge in corners.
- Warner and Roth each had a team-high two goals while Roncone added two assists on the day.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Denison on Saturday, Sept, 8 at Noon at Kerr Stadium.