Score: Roanoke 5 | Transylvania 0
Records: Roanoke 7-0 | Transylvania 2-6
Location: Salem, Va. | Family Weekend
The Lead: The Maroons shutout Transylvania 5-0 en route to their seventh straight win during the College's Family Weekend on Saturday.
How it Happened:
- Lauren Heffron scored just under four minutes into the contest to give RC an early 1-0 lead.
- Fiona Dougan followed suit finding the back of the left side of the cage five minutes later to double the score.
- Rebecca Schmidt tapped in a high cross from Emilee Wooten at the 17:51 mark to make it a 3-0 game.
- Megan Diehl closed out the scoring of the first-half with a goal off the stick of Wooten to go into the intermission with a 4-0 edge.
- Heffron tallied her second goal of the day five minutes into the second half off a pass from Stacey Staley.
- Roanoke owned a 37-15 advantage in shots and a 5-4 mark in corners.
- Emma Clark made three saves in the first 25 minutes of the contest before being replaced by Heather Schauder who made seven saves on the day.
- The Pioneers were led by Jessica Chandler with three shots while Allyson Benz made 22 saves in cage for TU.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Sunday in a 11 a.m. match-up with Centre to close out Family Weekend. Before the start of the game, senior Rebecca Schmidt will be recognized for her career at Roanoke.