Score: Roanoke 6 | Ferrum 0
Records: Roanoke 11-6 | Ferrum 4-12
Location: Kerr Stadium | Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke closes the regular season with a 6-0 win over Ferrum on Senior Day Saturday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Before the start of the game the senior class of Emily McQueen, Katerina DeSimone, Kellie Jasinski, Arielle Allam and Shelbi Holloman were celebrated for their careers as Maroons. Over the last four years, they helped to RC to 33 wins including the program's first back-to-back seasons with 10 or more wins for the first time since 2003 and 2004.
- Holloman gave Roanoke a quick 1-0 lead with a goal five minutes into the contest off a pass from DeSimone.
- Ten minutes later, DeSimone doubled RC's lead as she found the back left-side of the cage.
- Rebecca Schmidt recorded back-to-back goals as she notched her first at the 30 minute mark, closing the half before opening the second stanza with a goal at 41:36.
- Caroline Peterson scored just seven minutes later off a Jasinski assist for a 5-0 lead.
- Schmidt rounded out the scoring with her third goal of the day with 18 minutes left in the contest, securing the victory.
- Goalkeepers Heather Schauder and Emma Clark each made one save in goal in the shutout as Roanoke outshot the Panthers 17-2 and 10-0 in penalty corners.
Up Next: Roanoke looks ahead to the Old Dominion Athletic Conference tournament that begins on Tuesday, Nov. 1. Pairings and schedules will be announced this weekend following the conclusion of regular season play.