Score: Roanoke 4, Shenandoah 3 (ot)
Records: Roanoke 10-5, 4-3 ODAC | Shenandoah 8-8, 3-3 ODAC
Location: Winchester, Va.
The Lead: Shelbi Holloman's goal just over six minutes into overtime lifted Roanoke to a 4-3 ODAC Field Hockey victory a Shenandoah Saturday night.
How it Happened:
- Taylor Hayes got Shenandoah on the board just under seven minutes into the game with an unassisted goal to make it 1-0.
- Holloman helped RC respond just over three minutes later with her first goal of the game to knot the game at 1-1.
- Holloman's goal was the first of three RC strikes in an 11 minute span. Emily McQueen gave RC a 2-1 advantage before Stacey Staley set up Fiona Dougan for a goal at the 21:37 mark to make it 3-1.
- SU cut its deficit to 3-2 going into the intermission when Maddie Price scored with five minutes to go in the half.
- The game stayed that way until there was just 1:30 left on the clock when Hayes struck again to tie the game and send it into overtime.
- Roanoke got the win when Kellie Jasinski set up Holloman for the game-winner at the 76:05 mark.
- RC outshot SU 16-15. Heather Shauder had seven saves for RC, including six in the second-half.
- The victory marks the 10th win of the season for RC, giving the Maroons back-to-back years with double digit wins for the first time since 2003 and 2004.
Up Next: RC is back in action on Wednesday when it travels to Lynchburg for an 8:00 p.m. game with the Hornets.