Score: #3 Shenandoah 11, #2 Roanoke 0
Records: Roanoke 21-17, Shenandoah 29-11
Location: Salem, Va. | Kiwanis Field
The Lead: Third-Seeded Shenandoah shut out second-seeded Roanoke 11-0 in the opening round of the ODAC Baseball Tournament Thursday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Robert Klinchock tossed the shutout allowing only four hits while striking out nine with two walks in nine complete for Shenandoah.
- After a scoreless first two innings, Tristan Baker hit a three-run home run in the top of the third to take a 3-0 lead. Robert Marcelle kept the inning going with an RBI single to push ahead 4-0.
- A pair of singles and a walk loaded the bases for SU in the sixth before Frankie Ritter hit an RBI single. Luke Nussman knocked in two more runs with a two-out single to extend the gap to 8-0.
- Back-to-back singles and a double from Keegan Woolford started a three-run eighth inning for Shenandoah to make it 11-0.
- Roanoke was held to four hits on the night, coming from four different Maroons in three different innings. Jack Howard, Robbie Edwards, Scott Ellis, and Cale Agee all recorded a hit in the loss.
- Starter Kenny Mackovic was tabbed with the loss giving up four runs off six hits in the first three innings.
- Ritter, Baker, and Nussman all recorded three hits in the contest while Baker and Nussman tallied three RBI each.
Up Next: Roanoke will take on #4 Virginia Wesleyan Friday, May 10 at 11:30 a.m. at Kiwanis Field in Salem. Virginia Wesleyan fell to #1 Randolph-Macon 4-2 on Thursday in Ashland, Va.