Score: Roanoke 7, Ferrum 6
Records: Roanoke 17-16, 14-6 ODAC | Ferrum 20-16, 11-9 ODAC
Location: Ferrum, Va.
The Lead: Robbie Edwards hit a two-run home run in the top of the ninth as Roanoke defeated Ferrum 7-6 on Tuesday night.
How it Happened:
- With Ferrum leading 6-5 heading into the ninth inning, Hunter Andrews hit a single with one out before Edwards scored him with the home run and give Roanoke the 7-6 lead.
- Kevin Ledford earned the save by retiring the Panthers in order in the bottom of the ninth to secure the win. Edwards was 3-for-4 with three homers, three runs scored and five RBI.
- Edwards opened the scoring earlier in the game with a two-run home run in the top of the second to make it a 2-0 game.
- Roanoke added two more runs in the third, highlighted by a double from Will Smith, to extend the gap to 4-0.
- Ferrum rallied for five runs in the fourth led by a two-run homer from Matt Yarbrough and a solo home run from Brandon Roberts to take a 5-4 lead.
- Edwards hit a leadoff home run in the top of the seventh inning to make it a 6-5 game in favor of Ferrum.
- Grey Sherfey was 3-for-5 and Roberts was 2-for-4 for the Panthers.
Up Next: Baseball hosts Lynchburg for a 12 p.m. doubleheader on Saturday, April 27 at Kiwanis Field in the regular season finale.