Score: Roanoke 11, Emory & Henry 4
Records: Roanoke 15-12 / 12-2 ODAC | Emory & Henry 3-25 / 0-14 ODAC
Location: Emory, Va.
How it Happened
- With Emory & Henry leading 1-0 in the top half of the second inning, Roanoke capitalized on a pair of errors by the Wasps that led to RBI singles by Merriken and Cale Agee that put RC on top 2-1.
- Cody Shell doubled to leadoff the RC third inning and came around to score on a Howard RBI single that made it 3-1. Later that inning, Merriken doubled home Howard and Gavin Kandrick with the bases loaded to make it 5-1, before a Will Salva sacrifice fly pushed the RC lead to 6-1.
- The score stayed that way until the bottom of the seventh inning where the Wasps scored a pair of runs to make it a 6-3 game.
- With the score 7-3 in the top of the eighth inning, Shell singled home Salva to make it 8-3 before an RBI single by Kandrick made it 9-3 and a Howard double that plated Kandrick and Shell made it an 11-3 game.
- Connor Chiulli started for the Maroons and went 6.1 innings, allowing three runs on seven hits to improve his record to 4-0 on the season. Fletcher Mazzola went the final 2.2 innings, giving up one run on two hits.
- Six different Maroons had at least two hits, with Merriken leading the way with three on the day.
- Noah Griffin (1-3) took the loss for the Wasps after giving up six runs in six innings. Lukas Hart finished with three hits for E&H.
Up Next: Roanoke will host No. 13 Randolph-Macon on Saturday in an ODAC doubleheader starting at 3:00 p.m. at Kiwanis Field in Salem.