Score: No. 13 Roanoke 11, Ferrum 2
Records: Roanoke 26-8 | Ferrum 17-24
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke topped Ferrum 11-2 in non-conference action Sunday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened
- In the Roanoke third inning, Sean Guida doubled to lead off the inning, moved to third base on an Eli Sumpter sacrifice bunt and came home to make it 1-0 on a Will Salva RBI groundout.
- Roanoke tacked on two more runs the next inning when Robbie Edwards doubled to score Sam Watson to make it 2-0. The Maroons would go up 3-0 later in the inning on a balk call that scored Gavin Kandrick.
- With two outs in the fifth inning, Sumpter was on second base when a fly ball off the bat of Watson was misplayed allowing Sumpter to score. After a Kandrick single moved Watson to third, Edwards singled to make it 5-0.
- In the Roanoke sixth inning, RC took advantage of a two-out Ferrum error to load the bases. Jack Howard delivered a bases clearing triple to put Roanoke up 8-0. Watson then singled home Howard to make it a 9-0 game.
- Diego Meneses went five strong innings to pick up the win to move to 1-0. The right-hander allowed just three hits and no runs, while striking out two.
- Joey Pride took the loss for Ferrum after giving up nine runs in 5.2 innings of work.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action tomorrow against Southern Virginia at VMI. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.