Score: No. 9 Roanoke 15 | Guilford 5
Records: Roanoke 22-7, 12-3 ODAC | Guilford 14-14, 5-8 ODAC
Location: Ferrum College | Ferrum, Va.
The Lead: No. 9 Roanoke scored nine runs in the sixth inning to take a 15-5 decision over Guilford Thursday night in Ferrum, Va.
How it Happened:
- Guilford strung together three consecutive singles with two outs, capped by an RBI single from Logan Shortt, to take a 1-0 lead in the top of the first.
- Sean Guida hit a three-run homer, following a lead-off double from Robbie Edwards, to get Roanoke on the board. Will Salva then hit a single and Eli Sumpter scored on a Quaker error to make it a 4-1 game.
- GC made it a one-run game after scoring a pair of runs in the top of the third with a lead-off double from Josh Shepherd and an RBI single from Trevor Denton. Denton then scored himself on a wild pitch to make it 4-3 RC.
- With the score 6-5 Roanoke heading into the sixth inning, Salva reached on an error and Jack Howard walked to start the inning. Sam Watson knocked an RBI double and Edwards followed suit plating Howard on a single. Cody Shell hit a three-run homer to keep the inning going and make it 11-5. The Maroons would go on to score four more runs in the sixth, highlighted by a two-RBI double from Guida to extend the lead to 15-5.
- Guida went 4-for-5 with 6 RBI, Salva went 3-for-6 and Shell was 2-for-2 with 3 RBI.
- For Guilford, Denton went 3-for-5 with 2 RBI while Dylan Tuttle was 2-for-4 and Shepherd was 2-for-5.
- Ethan Delahunty earned the win giving up two runs off three hits before giving way to Kevin Ledford and Diego Meneses who only allowed three hits in the final four innings.
- Ty Walser was tabbed with the loss after giving up two runs off five hits in 2.2 innings of work for the Quakers.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Tuesday, April 17 when it hosts Greensboro at 7 p.m.