Score: Guilford 8, Roanoke 5
Records: Roanoke 21-7, 11-3 ODAC |Guilford 14-13-1 / 5-7 ODAC
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: Guilford knocked off Roanoke 8-5 Wednesday afternoon in ODAC Baseball action.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke took an early lead when Will Salva hit a solo home run with two outs in the first inning to make it 1-0 RC.
- Guilford loaded the bases with one out in the second inning before Dylan Tuttle hit an RBI double to make the score 2-1 GC.
- Later in the inning, Guilford would take advantage of a two-out error by the Maroons to score a pair of runs and go up 4-1.
- After the first two batters were retired in the Roanoke third inning, Jack Howard and Sam Watson would each single and would later score on a throwing error by Guilford on a ball hit by Scott Ellis.
- Guilford scored single runs in the fourth and fifth innings to go up 6-3.
- In the RC seventh inning, Cody Shell scored on a passed ball and Eli Sumpter plated Sean Guida with an RBI groundout to pull the Maroons to within one at 6-5.
- That would be as close as the Maroons would get as GC tacked on a pair of insurance runs in the bottom half of the seventh inning to seal the win.
- Zach Dinkins got the win to improve to 3-0 for Guilford. Dinkins went six innings and gave up three runs. Steven Loney (1-1) took the loss for RC after surrendering four runs in two innings of work.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in action tomorrow against Guilford. The game will be played at Ferrum College at 7:00 p.m.