Score: No. 22 Roanoke 15, Eastern Mennonite 6
Records: Roanoke 15-5, 1-2 ODAC | Eastern Mennonite 10-7, 1-2 ODAC
Location: Harrisonburg, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke recorded 19 hits in a 15-6 win over Eastern Mennonite in game one of the ODAC doubleheader on Saturday.
- Roanoke found itself down 5-0 heading into the top of the fifth inning when it got on the board after Eli Sumpter singled to open the inning, moved to second on a sacrifice bunt and scored on a Scott Ellis RBI single with two outs.
- After the first two batters were retired in the RC sixth inning, the Maroons loaded the bases following singles by Craig Kiley, Drew Mikula and Sumpter. Will Decker singled home Kiley, followed by a pinch hit single from Dean Hermanson to plate Mikula and Sumpter to make it 5-4. Ellis then tied the game with a single to score Decker.
- The Maroons struck for six runs in the sixth inning to take an 11-5 lead with the big hit in the inning coming off the bat of Sean Guida who delivered a bases loaded triple.
- After EMU got one run back in the bottom of the seventh inning, Roanoke put the game away in the eighth with four more runs highlighted by a Will Black two-out RBI single that scored a pair of runs to make it a 15-6 game.
- Ellis finished the game 4-for-4 with three RBI for RC. Sumpter and Kiley each had three hits, while Guida and Hermanson each drove in three runs for Roanoke.
- Sal Trancucci came out of the bullpen and allowed just two hits and one run in four innings of work to pick up the win to improve to 4-0 on the year.
Score: No. 22 Roanoke 10, Eastern Mennonite 6
Records: Roanoke 16-5, 2-2 ODAC | Eastern Mennonite 10-8, 1-3 ODAC
Location: Harrisonburg, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke offense stayed hot in game two, notching 17 hits in a 10-6 win, securing the ODAC sweep.
- Roanoke got on the board in the second inning when Kiley singled to open the frame then scored when Mikula followed with a double to make it 1-0. A Decker single two batters later scored Mikula to make it 2-0 Maroons.
- RC went up 3-0 the next inning following a one-out single by Collier Donald who advanced on a passed ball and scored on RBI single by Kiley.
- With the score 4-2 Roanoke in the fifth inning, Donald doubled to lead off the inning and then scored on a Kiley single to make the score 5-2. A Sumpter RBI double later in the inning pushed RC's lead to 6-2.
- EMU struck for a pair of runs in the bottom half of the fifth inning to cut its deficit to 6-4, but RC responded with three runs in the sixth inning following a bases loaded double from Mikula that scored three runs and made it a 9-4 game.
- Steven Loney went the first four innings on the mound for RC, before giving way to Matt Henderlite who was credited with the win after one inning of relief. Sumpter picked up the save after going the final four innings surrendering two runs on three hits.
- Kiley had four hits and three RBI, Decker had three hits, while Black, Mikula and Hermanson all had two hits for the Maroons. Mikula finished with four RBI for Roanoke as well.