Score: Roanoke 3 | Emory & Henry 1 | 25-13, 23-25, 25-20, 25-23
Records: Roanoke 5-4 / 1-0 ODAC | Emory & Henry 2-7 / 1-0 ODAC
Location: Emory, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke Volleyball opened up ODAC play on Wednesday night with a 3-1 win at Emory & Henry.
How it Happened:
- The Maroons hit .346 as a team to take game one 25-13. A Kylah Blackmore kill made the score 15-10. RC would win six of the next nine points, taking a 21-13 lead following a service error by E&H.
- A kill by Logan Graves and an ace from Ryan Hedgpeth closed out the set one win for the Maroons.
- After dropping a 25-23 decision in game two, RC came back and earned a 25-20 victory in game three.
- An Emerson Kern ace put RC up 17-13 before the Wasps cut the lead to 17-15. The Maroons scored seven of the next 10 points, going up 24-18 on a Meagan Smith kill. After back-to-back points from Emory & Henry, Smith closed out the game with another kill.
- Roanoke hit .238 in game four, registering 16 kills on 42 attempts. With the score 22-21 E&H, Graves notched a kill to tie the game up. Kills by Smith and Kelsey Goodman then put RC out in front 24-22. Following a point for the Wasps, Blackmore closed out the match with a kill to give RC the win.
- Smith finished with 12 kills for RC, while Alex Wolfe had nine and Blackmore finish with eight. Kern had 20 assists to go along with 19 from Christen Zammit.
- Hedgpeth had 18 digs, Zammit had 17, while Olivia Earls and Blackmore had 16 and 14, respectively.
- Ali Singleton finished with 14 kills for Emory & Henry and Tori Holmberg had 11.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Bridgewater in ODAC action Friday at 6:30 p.m.