Score: Randolph-Macon 68 | Roanoke 62
Records: Roanoke 7-18, 4-12 ODAC | Randolph-Macon 19-5, 12-4 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Randolph-Macon defeated Roanoke 68-62 in the regular-season finale Saturday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Kelly Williams scored a game-high 24 points paired with 17 rebounds for the Yellow Jackets. Charlotte Woods also recorded a double-double with 18 points and 13 rebounds as R-MC held a 53-41 edge on the glass.
- Kristina Harrel led the Maroons with 16 points followed by Victoria Maxwell with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- Roanoke took an early 13-7 lead following a layup from Harrel just five minutes into the game en route to closing the first quarter with a 22-17 advantage.
- Randolph-Macon scored the first eight points to of the second quarter to take a 25-22 edge with 6:43 left in the first half. The Yellow Jackets then used a 5-0 run to extend the lead to 34-27 into the intermission.
- In the fourth quarter, RC scored six straight points to close the gap to 55-47 following a pair of free throws from Maxwell with 4:33 left.
- A layup from Kayla Kinsler brought it within five, making it 64-59 with 31 seconds left but R-MC made four free throws down the stretch to secure the win.
Up Next: Roanoke will wait for seeding for the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Tournament. The first round of the tournament is slated to begin on Monday, Feb, 19.