Meet: ODAC Relays
Location: Lexington, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke College Swimming teams made their first appearances among league rivals on Saturday and both produced strong fourth-place showings at the ODAC Relays at Washington and Lee.
How it Happened:
- In the first event of the day, Reilly Bird, Francisca Cifuentes and Tessa Kenny took third-place in the 3x50 butterfly behind a pair of W&L teams with a time of 1:25.49.
- Bird and Cifuentes teamed up with Sarah Virginia Scott and Hannah Shells to place third in the 200 yard medley relay, combining for a time of 1:56.54.
- Bird, Cifuentes ,Kenny and Maggie Riggan took second-place in the 100 yard dolphin kicking relay with a time of 57.07, just one second behind W&L.
- In the men's 3x50 Yard 3x 50 Breaststroke Relay, Nick McGrath, Ethan Gordon and Jacob David took third behind a pair of Generals teams with a time of 1:27.87.
- That same trio along with Tanner Debord combined to finish fourth in the 400 yard freestyle relay in a time of 3:26.31
- In the 200 yard freestyle relay McGrath, Debord, David and David Adarkwah finished behind three W&L squads, posting a time of 1:32.87.
- McGrath, Debord, Gordon and Jorge Jara-Lopez closed the day by finishing second in the 8x25 Yard 8x 25 free relay with a time of 1:29.50.
- The RC men placed fourth among the eight other ODAC teams, while the women finished four in the 11 team field.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in the poll on Oct. 21 when it travels to Greensboro to take on The Pride along with Bridgewater and Guilford.