Score: Rowan 3 | Roanoke 0
Records: Roanoke 3-2 | Rowan 4-2
Location: Annapolis, Md.
The Lead: Men's Soccer fell 3-0 to Rowan Wednesday night in Annapolis, Md.
How it Happened:
- Rowan jumped out to an early 1-0 lead following a goal from Shane Doherty just 10 minutes into the contest.
- Jon-Cody Mactutus missed a penalty kicked just three minutes prior at 7:27, keeping the game scoreless at 0-0.
- Sam Kriel fired off a shot in the 42-minute mark but the shot was blocked as The Profs took the 1-0 edge into the intermission.
- After close to 20 minutes of scoreless action into the second half, Rowan scored a goal in the 64th and the 65th minute to make it a 3-0 game.
- Rowan held a 16-9 advantage in shots and a 5-2 edge in corner kicks on the night.
Up Next: This weekend's game against Mary Washington has been postponed. The Maroons are back in on Wednesday, Sept. 19 when they host Southern Virginia at 7 p.m.