Score: Roanoke 1 | TCNJ 2
Records: Roanoke 3-1-1 | TCNJ 3-2-0
Location: Kerr Stadium | All Sports Cafe / Roanoke Invitational
The Lead: Men's Soccer fell 2-0 to TCNJ in the final game of the All Sports Cafe / Roanoke Invitational Sunday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened:
- TCNJ got on the board off a goal from Kevin Nelan 18 minutes into the game to give the Lions a 1-0 lead.
- Aidan Nagy had a chance to tie the game in the 30th minute but his shot was turned away by Lion keeper Michael Kayal.
- The score remained that way through half time. Atticus Cooke had another chance to get the equalizer in the 50th minute when Kayal was drawn out of his net but Cooke's chip shot went over the crossbar.
- The score stayed that way until the 70 minute mark when Peter Dresch found the back of the net to double the lead for TCNJ.
- With 1:24 on the clock, Roanoke brought it within one off a penalty kick from Cole Thornton following a foul off a corner to make it 2-1.
- Roanoke held an 8-7 edge in shots and a 5-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Kayal made two saves in goal for the Lions and Nick Tadros made two for the Maroons.
Up Next: Roanoke heads to Averett on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. match-up in Danville, Va.