Score: No. 18 Roanoke 13 | Lynchburg 11
Records: Roanoke 8-3, 3-1 ODAC | Lynchburg 4-6, 2-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: No. 18 Roanoke earned a 13-11 win over Lynchburg behind 19 saves from Ian Davies in an ODAC showdown Saturday night.
How it Happened:
- Jason Sarro broke open the scoring just over two minutes into the contest with a goal off a pass from Tommy McAleer.
- Lynchburg used a 3-1 run in the middle of the first quarter before a goal from Brendan Devane tied the game at 3-3 with 5:19 left in the quarter.
- Roanoke scored three straight goals to open the second quarter capped by a strike from Sarro at 6:13 to take a 6-3 lead.
- Daniel Kravit and Garritt Schwarz scored just over a minute apart in the final 2:24 of the half to send Roanoke into the intermission with an 8-4 advantage.
- Lynchburg used a 3-0 run, with a pair of goals coming from Colin McGuire, to close the third quarter and the gap to 10-9 RC.
- In the fourth quarter, Devane notched a goal, assisted by Hayden Miller, to make it 11-9 with 7:40 remaining. IV Stucker followed with a goal at 6:17 to extend it to 12-9.
- Devane scored Roanoke's final goal of the night to secure the win and make it a 13-10 game with one minute left in regulation.
- The Maroons won 15-of-28 face-offs on the night with Patrick Cline winning 14. Roanoke also held a 35-29 edge in ground balls, led by Joey Russell with four.
- Davies made 19 saves on the night while CJ Santora made 13 in goal for the Hornets.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Guilford on Wednesday for a 4 p.m. ODAC match-up at Kerr Stadium.