Score: No. 8 Wesleyan 18 | No. 10 Roanoke 5
Records: Roanoke 6-2 | Wesleyan 5-1
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: No. 8 Wesleyan outscored No. 10 Roanoke 12-1 in the second half to earn an 18-5 win Wednesday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Wesleyan scored five unanswered goals in the third quarter, with two coming from Ronan Jacoby to extend the lead to 11-4.
- Danny Serafin scored Roanoke's lone second-half goal, off a pass from IV Stucker, with 9:54 left in regulation
- After trailing 1-0, a goal from Hayden Miller at the 12:47 mark started a 3-0 run, with back-to-back goals from Jason Sarro, to make it a 3-1 game with 11 minutes to go in the first half.
- With the score tied 3-3 in the second quarter, Daniel Medvetz found the back of the net putting Roanoke up 4-3 with 10:50 left in the half. Wesleyan used a 3-0 run to close the half with a 6-4 edge.
- Wesleyan outshot Roanoke 42-30 and held a 43-22 edge in ground balls. The Cardinals won 21-of-27 face-offs on the night.
- Ian Davies made 13 saves in goal for the Maroons while Otto Bohan made 11 for the Cardinals.
Up Next: Roanoke heads to Washington and Lee on Saturday, March 24 for a 1:00 p.m. match-up in Lexington.