Tournament: Tom Kinder Memorial
Course: Lakeview Golf Club
Yardage: Par 72, 6769 yards
The Lead: The Roanoke Golf team opened its 2017 fall season at the Tom Kinder Memorial Tournament at Lakeview Golf Club in Harrisonburg, Va.
How it Happened
- The tournament which was hosted by Bridgewater College was supposed to be held Monday and Tuesday but was condensed into a one day, 36 hole event.
- RC fired a two round total of 319-312—631 to finish 13th. Guilford won the team title by 20 strokes over second-place North Carolina Wesleyan.
- Roanoke was led by freshman Brad Williams who shot a 79 on the first 18, then improved by five strokes in round two to finish with a 153 for the day.
- Adam Anker placed three strokes behind Williams with a 77-79—156, while Evan Diebus carded a 76-83—159 for the Maroons.
- Lance Keiser of Ferrum won the individual title by firing a 12 under, 68-64—132 to win by four strokes over Guilford's Josh Hill.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in action on Sunday, September 17 when it takes part in the Shenandoah Invitational.