Score: Roanoke 72, Randolph 43
Records: Roanoke 5-2 / 1-1 ODAC | Randolph 0-7 / 0-2 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke allowed a season-low 43 points as the Maroons coasted past Randolph 72-43 Wednesday night in ODAC Men's Hoops.
How it Happened
- The Maroons shot 50% from the floor in the first half, including 6-of-8 from beyond the three-point arc to hold a 35-18 lead at half-time.
- Roanoke jumped out to a 10-1 lead on a Douglas Elks three-pointer and would go up 24-9 on a Logan Vosburg three with 9:19 left in the first-half.
- Randolph would cut it to 26-14 with under eight minutes to go but RC would close the first stanza with a 35-18 lead.
- The Maroons would maintain a double-digit lead throughout a second-half that saw 11 different Roanoke players score which would help RC open up a lead that would reach as high as 30 down the stretch.
- Caleb Jordan, Eli Sumpter and Josh Freund each scored 11 points for the Maroons who shot 50.9% for the game, making 27-of-53 shots from the floor, including 10 three-pointers.
- Thirteen different Maroons scored in the game and the Roanoke defense would hold Randolph to just 27.8% from the floor on 15-of-54 shooting.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action at Virginia Wesleyan on Saturday. Tip-off is slated for 2:00 p.m.